Sunday, October 13, 2013

2. Where Do you Find Parts ?

This chapter will just list some places I and others have found GPz900R parts.
There is No favouritism shown here.
Just places I have found useful for Spares. Note they are in Sydney Australia.
Feel free to advise me of your preferred spare parts dealers.

You can see from my previous Blog there are some sources for NEW parts mentioned.
The ones below may have been missed.


*** GONE ***

1) www.kelenkawasaki.com.au
York Rd, Penrith, NSW.
(02) 4721 4439
- These are my local dealers.
Nev owns the place.
You dont meet a better class of gent.
Very helpful, good advice, and gives you time...





*** The New number ONE ***
1) www.collideascope.com.au
Unit 11 45/47 Salisbury Road, Asquith (Sydney NSW)
(02) 9482 8335
Email. info@collideascope.com.au
- Lawrence is the guy to see.
I found this place while looking for TANK repairs - mainly rust, lining and restoration.
Most places wont touch a tank, but these guys specialize. They have all the equipment set up ready to go. And if you know anything about tanks, if you have a go a doing the lining yourself, and it goes wrong, it is generally a ONE chance at doing it correct kind of thing.
I have my ZZR1100-D7 tank repaired.
It had pinhole rust in a few places under the bottom, and then got a complete POR lining put inside.
The paint job was preserved !!!
Cost me under $400 AUD.
That was fantastic.


Thanks Lawrence.


PS: They do all smash repair work for bikes too. Check out website.



2) www.oldgoldmotorcycles.com.au
Carrington Rd, Londondary, NSW. (North of Penrith)
(02) 4574 2885
Email. sales@oldgoldmotorcycles.com.au
- This guy Steve sources parts from everywhere including England.
Very helpful, great prices, and a good gent.
This is where I bought my A6 carb rack.

3) www.motorcyclewreckers.com
Silverwater Rd, Silverwater, NSW.
(02) 9748 7400
- The guys here have some great stuff. This is where I found my ZZR600 wheel.
I have bought blinkers, and carbs, etc off these guys.
They are in Silverwater in the middle of Sydney, known as Metropolitan Spares.
Prices good, and easy to deal with.
Certainly worth a phone call.

4) M&W Motor Trimmers - Peachtree Rd, Penrith, NSW.
(02) 4732 1459
Mob. 0414 321 459
- Jim is the upholsterer here.
Doesn't have a website.
But is only a phone call away.
He can do your seat ! He fitted the Leather to my ZZR seat.
I will get the 900 done here at a later stage.




5) Tony Dale at Full Exhaust Shop can get a really good Exhaust for your GPz.
www.fullexhaustshop.com.au/Barracuda_Exhaust_Systems__Kawasaki__GPZ900_R__GPZ750_R_--product--2198.html
I bought mine when the Aussie dollar was pretty good.
The Stainless Steel 4-1 Complete system cost under $700 delivered to my door.
I thought that was a pretty good deal. Made in Germany.
Have a look. Tony was easy to deal with and answered all my questions about the system and the various types of Mufflers available. Alloy, Carbon, S/Steel. And different lengths.
The contact is on the website. Location is Palmerston, NT (Australia).

6) APW Motorcycles at Winbourne Rd, Brookvale. (Sydney)
www.apwmotorcycles.com.au
(02) 9905 3748
HandleBars and Riser's for GPz Streetfighter purchased here.
Parts and Service - Might be worth checking out if your in the Area.

7) Craig Wall & Sons - Motor Body Trimmers
Powells Rd, Brookvale (Sydney) NSW
(02) 9939 6214
Dont seem to have a website...
They can do Bike Seats. (also Cars !)

8) Motorcycle Disposals
Prince William Drive, Seven Hills (Sydney), NSW
www.motorcyclesdisposals.com.au
(02) 9674 3844
You can find Parts, Full Bikes, etc.

9) Ron - crystalcreek@internode.on.net
Mob. 0427 791199
Lots of GPz parts.
Ships from overseas and Buys old stock.
Great prices, and ships to anywhere.
Good service too.

No comments:

Post a Comment